Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kitchen Update 1

We've been hard at work since about 9am. It's 2:30 now and it doesn't LOOK like we've done much of anything. We took everything out of the kitchen...every shelf, every drawer, every everything. Adam spent about an hour figuring out how and where to drill the holes for the new hinges. While he did that I filled all the old holes on the frame and the cabinets with wood filler.

We took a break for lunch around 12. When we got back from lunch I sanded all the filled spots on the cabinets and then primed the backs (we did the fronts last night). I also sanded and primed all the drawers. Adam is just about done drilling the holes into the frame so we will start sanding and painting that part of the cabinetry in about 30 minutes. Once we get that stuff painted we will start on the walls and then finish the cabinets and drawers.

I'm still hoping to have the bulk of this project done tonight but I know there will be some work to do next weekend.

Oh, and don't worry about me. I took a chair outside for the sanding and the priming. I also wore a mask the whole time. Now I'm going to sit and watch Adam work for a while.

No comments: