Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

This Little Piggy Slept in a Crib



I mentioned in a previous post that I had purchased fabric to make Aiden a second swaddling blanket. I don't think I mentioned though that the print is of cute little piggies! Today I got out my sewing machine for the first time since going back to school in January 2006. In addition to the swaddling blanket, I made an extra thick burp cloth using a white diaper burp cloth and adding a layer of this cute piggy flannel. I still have some flannel left so I am going to get some satin blanket binding and make a "lovie" which is a very small security blankie. I will probably make a few more deluxe burp cloths if I have time.

When Aiden was first born he had 3 beds...a bassinet in our room, a crib in his room and a bassinet in the playyard in the living room. He slept in the bassinet for a few weeks. We moved the playyard bassinet into his room and started having him sleep in it a week or two ago. Today I cleared out his crib (we had been using it as a holding pen for his stuff) and put him down for a nap in it. He looked awfully cute so I took a picture which you see at the top of this post.

I just uploaded new pictures (as promised). You probably know this but just click on the slideshow to go to our Picasa Web Album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures of Aiden.

Are you still going to find a t-shirt for him with "Mama for Obama?"

Love you,
Mom