Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

Extra Extra

I spoke with Dr. Ally's nurse a little while ago and she wants us to keep going with the cereal. I forgot to mention in my previous post that one of the problems we were having was that Aiden never seemed satisfied with his meals until he was absolutely stuffed full (and then he had to vomit to let it out a bit). Dr. Ally thought the cereal might help him feel more satisfied without being stuffed to the gills and help with the spitting up.

He is feeling satisfied with 3 ounces now (where before he sometimes still wanted more after eating 4 ounces) so she thinks the cereal is serving at least part of its purpose. They want me to take him in on Tuesday to get weighed. If he's still gaining we will keep doing the cereal. If he's not gaining I guess we'll try something else. FYI...he's getting 1tsp of rice cereal per ounce of milk so gets about 3 tsp with every bottle.

So we will continue to have the laundry issue until he is able to stop spitting up (and I hope that is soon).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello daughter,

Adding rice cereal to Aiden's bottle may do the trick. Of the three of you I believe you were the one who spit up the most. It seemed like I always look like a mess and smelled like baby barf despite my efforts to clean up 3 to 4 times a day. Another thing I remember you doing is the projectile vomiting. Boy that was fun to deal with.

Good luck with Aiden's new diet!!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Did you read in the USA Weekend about adding rice cereal to the bottle? It was suggesting to do it if there are acid reflux problems. Interesting, huh? --Ash