Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Back

Sorry for the silence! I attended a National Education Association conference last weekend and my mom came into town on Monday night. She went back to Portland last night so things are back to normal.

I had a lot of fun at the conference and Adam really stepped up to the plate with Aiden. Friday night was pretty rough and by the time I got home that night Adam was very tired and immediately fell asleep on the couch. Saturday was easier for the boys and Adam says it was a lot of fun. We had friends over on Sunday night to watch the Knight Rider premiere and probably stayed up too late (but had a lot of fun).

My mom arrived Monday afternoon and she thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Aiden. She watched him Wednesday morning so I could attend a meeting at work. It was funny because everyone at work was so excited to see me...until they realized Aiden wasn't with me and then they were still happy to see ME but disappointed they didn't get to see the man. I'll be going to the Wednesday morning RTI meeting every week and I will probably be bringing Aiden with me.

Tomorrow my friends at school are having a shower for us. Aiden's coming (of course) and Adam's coming to take care of him just in case he gets fussy. It should be fun! I think it's so nice of them to organize this.

Now, on the topic of cloth diapers...we still love them. In fact, we're thinking about possibly setting up a business so we can sell them since the only businesses in our state currently selling them are WAY up north. I've discovered we need extra liners because one diaper is pretty much unusable after one liner disappeared in the wash. Also, we are planning to order another 6-12 diapers so we can wash the diapers every other night.

Whew, that got long. Thanks for sticking with it! I'll have some new pictures up in the next day or two to reward you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, as your No. 1 blog reader and commenter, I must ask: Exactly how do cloth diapers mitigate the "diaper explosion" problem?