Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Planning Ahead

This week I used my newish cookbook to make macaroni and cheese. I made three loaf pans of it and froze two. We made small hamburgers to eat with it and the dinner was a hit! You may remember that I've been trying to make and freeze meals for when the baby comes. The past month or so we've been really busy and tired and we haven't managed to freeze much of anything. After the rousing success of macaroni and cheese I decided to look through my cookbook again for inspiration.

This week we are planning to make chicken pot pie, lasagna, pizza dough and enchiladas. We are going to try to make as many as possible today so we won't have to cook during the week. While I am working on cooking, Adam is going to work on insulating our windows with that plastic film stuff. When we finish our very ambitious project we are going to reward ourselves with a trip to the movies to see The Golden Compass...I might even drink a coke.

Next weekend we will be in Portland for Adam's grandmother's birthday and our last out of town trip until after the baby comes.

No comments: