Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Temporary Farewell

Adam is leaving very early tomorrow morning for basic training. I will drop him off at the recruiting station and his recruiter (Sgt. Taylor) will take him from there. They will go to the federal building where Adam will be weighed, measured and then put on a commercial flight to South Carolina.

Upon his arrival at Fort Jackson he will go to Reception Battalion where he will get a haircut, medical exams, shots and so forth. He will be able to make one VERY brief phone call from Reception Battalion. This is to let me know he arrived and (I think) provide me with his address. He is scheduled to actually start training on the 20th. Please let me know if you would like Adam's address at boot camp. There are rules about what we can send and I will make sure you are aware of them before I give out the address.

As for me and Aiden, we will be okay. No really, we will. I know it will be hard but I also know this is what we need to do to get Adam where he wants to be. I'm not exactly excited about all the responsibilities of being a single mother but I know I can do it. I'm blessed to have a lot of friends here in Idaho and they won't let me fall apart. There will be some organizational challenges. Don't worry, I've got a plan...if you find yourself DYING to do chores, please feel free to pop over. We will have no shortage of laundry, dishes, cooking and vacuuming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi M,

Yes, e-mail me Adam's address and let me know what can be sent.

You are a strong woman and I know you can do this.

Love you.

Mom