Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update


This has been a big week for us. Adam got a cool second job working on a political campaign for my former principal. I've been sewing and spending time with Aiden. We went swimming with friends on Thursday and Aiden loved it. Swimming really tired him out!

Aiden really kicked it up in the talking department this week. He's constantly talking (insert your own joke about him being like his mom). His talking is mostly dadadadadada and awwwwwwwww mixed with shrieks of joy.

He's getting more mobile every day. He can scoot almost anywhere, he rotates 360 degrees, he's starting to get up on his knees and he can launch himself in the direction of what he wants. Obviously, we need to get serious about babyproofing.

When I was trying to protect the AV receiver from tiny hands I realized the hallway would be a perfect place to play. I closed all the doors and put a huge pillow at the living room end. I set him up with his stacking toy and he had fun. I sat in the other part of the hallway and worked on cutting the fabric for some diapers I'm SELLING.

Mr. Man is asserting his independence more every day. He refuses the pacifier if we try to put it in his mouth but he delights in putting it in himself. He also likes to feed himself cheerios (see newest video) though they rarely end up in his mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Adam!

Love,
Mom