Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Fresh Start

Yesterday was rough. Aiden woke up cranky and wouldn't really take any naps. I put him in the bath at 4:45 pm and he was in there until 5:15. Yep, 30 minutes. After that he went straight to bed and slept until 6:15 this morning. He woke up in a great mood. We just put him down for a nap. He's resisting but we're trying to stick to our guns.

Now...about that 30 minute bath. We had a lot of fun playing with the water. His bath toys consist of two rubber ducks, a rubber hippo and a big yellow cup. It's a simple group of toys but they entertain him.

His favorite thing to do in the tub is play "Bombs Away". I fill the big yellow cup and hold it above my head. He starts splashing and grinning when he sees me do this. Then I bring it down close to his body and pour the water on him. We do this about 10 times during each bath and it never gets old.

Tonight I think I'll grab a funnel from the kitchen and see what he thinks of it.

2 comments:

Jennifer Eden said...

Sorry you had a rough day. I hope today is better.

Hazen has a similar bath toy collection. 1 ball, 1 cup and a little plastic clam with holes in the bottom to let water sprinkle on him. Let me know how the funnel went!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Aiden sure likes his bath. Let me know how Aiden likes the funnel.

Love,
Mom