Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Home Alone

Last night was our first night truly on our own with Aiden since Julie stayed for the first few feedings on Sunday allowing us to rest a little more. Anyhow, it went well. I think I've finally got the hang of the swaddling. I used a swaddling blanket we received as a gift from the hospital; it's huge but it turns out that makes it easier to use. Aiden and I are both getting better at breastfeeding and Adam is quite good at knowing when he's calm enough to sleep in the bassinet. I'm lucky to have a husband who is so interested, involved and competent with the baby.

Several people have asked about Mick's reaction to Aiden. So far, so good. I was worried Mick would bark when Aiden cried but he just kind of looks at him and goes on with his business. Mick has taken to licking my foot while I'm breastfeeding or standing right by my leg and guarding us (I guess that's what you would call it). The only thing I wish we'd done differently to prep the dog for the baby is train him not to get on our bed or the furniture. Honestly though, he's responding to a firm "No" and a snap of the fingers.

1 comment:

A Changing Woman said...

Hi Marianna & Adam,

Little Aiden is beautiful! His little hands are so long. Maybe he'll take to playing the piano for he sure has the long fingers for it.

Marianna, Aiden has your pretty mouth and Adam's nose. I can't wait to see him.