Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Update

Last weekend we put up a tension rod and curtain over the baby's closet. We decided against doors for now because we like the cottage feel of the curtain look. I didn't intend for this to happen but the nursery is starting to take on a Shabby Chic look.

We worked more on cleaning out the nursery this weekend. We got my treasured angel print on the wall (I had it in my room as a child...my mother had it in her room as a child...my baby MUST have it). It has a pink frame and we picked it up at a church rummage sale for $5 a few years ago.

I decided to check out The Painted Chair (a really cool/funky furniture place in Boise) to see if I could find a dresser that might double as a changing table. I found one I liked and it was only $89! It's black and fits in with the decor of the room and the price was right. I drove home to drag Adam back so we could buy it and lug it home.

Now, you may remember that Adam and I have two cars but they are cars (not trucks, vans, SUVs...). Because of this we often struggle with how to get things home. We've managed to get some huge things home though (like a buffet) so we thought this tiny little dresser would be NO PROBLEM. Turns out the thing is barely inches too large to fit into my car. We tried every Tetris move we could think of and we just couldn't get the stupid thing in the Accord. We do have a really nice neighbor with a truck though and she is going to take me to pick up the dresser Monday afternoon.

Today we are going to put up some other items from The Painted Chair. I bought them over a year ago with a baby room in mind...a blue shadow box shelf thing and a clothespin memo board. The Painted Chair also had a really cool black rocking chair for $99. We already have a chair in the room but I really want a rocking chair because I don't think the chair we have will be good for nursing. If they still have it on Monday I will probably buy it.

We still need to get a crib (we found a great black crib from Babies R Us that we want) but the room is shaping up. Now we need to figure out what to do with our computer and desk setup. We want to get a laptop but the reality is that the baby's room will probably double as our office for a while.

No comments: