Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Of Forks and Food

Aiden must have been hungry today. For lunch he ate applesauce, cottage cheese, tuna salad AND pasta. I didn't think he'd be hungry for dinner but I was wrong! He ate half a bagel with cream cheese, a lot of grapes and some of my tortellini.

He loves using a fork to eat like a big boy but he isn't yet proficient. This weekend we had breakfast out and he spent a lot of time picking up the pieces of scrambled egg and placing them on the fork with his fingers. Today he wanted to use a fork to eat the tortellini. He wouldn't let me feed him and he wouldn't let me hand him the fork. I had to stab the tortellini with the fork and put it back in his bowl. Then he would grab the fork and (proudly) feed himself. It was a slow process but he managed to eat six or eight pieces that way. Mr. Independent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi M,

Talked with you about this. Aiden is quite the eater.

Mom