Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Mama Made These!

I've been getting into the culture of chic cloth diapers but can't stomach paying $35 for some of the more popular models. I own a sewing machine and I know how to read so I thought I'd try making one.

I came across a pattern for flannel pocket diapers requiring one pin to close. Rita's Rump Pockets are EASY to make and turn out trim, soft and cute. The soaker pattern uses an old wool sweater. I bought the sweater for about $5 at Goodwill and I think I'll be able to make four soakers out of it...not bad! I'm also working on a pair of wool longies (cargo pants style) using the sleeves of the sweater...I need to add the elastic and the cargo pocket. I also need to hem the pants. As with any sewing project, I learned a few things about each pattern and the next models will be much improved.

Right now Aiden is field testing the diaper and soaker. He had prunes and sweet potatoes for breakfast. I'll let you infer what I mean by "field testing".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Marianna! Your college education came in handy. At least we now know that college graduates learned how to read.