Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Refresher Course

For those we haven't talked to in a while here are some quick updates...

Morning Sickness
I was lucky to avoid this pregnancy symptom almost completely!

Gender
We decided at the beginning of this adventure to not find out the gender of our baby until the big day. We just had our 20 week ultrasound so we probably won't even have another opportunity to find out.

Names
After exhaustive (and often exhausting) negotiations, we decided on names. If we have a boy he will be named Henry (Hank?). If we have a girl she will be named Portia. We also considered Dora for a girl but just couldn't live with the popularity of Dora the Explorer.

Preparations
Julie (Adam's mom) came out for a weekend and helped us install new baseboards in the baby's room. We are slowly replacing all the baseboards and interior doors in our condo. We still have a lot of work to do!

Movement
Marianna has felt the baby squirming around for several weeks now. So far s/he hasn't demonstrated any kickboxing ability though.

Looks
This baby is cursed with two parents that have VERY thick hair and lucky that we both also have pretty good teeth. Marianna has green eyes. Adam has brown eyes. Our scientist friends could probably use a Punnet square to predict the baby's eye color but we will just have to wait and see.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Site! I'm saying Boy!
St. Luke's is a great hospital. The Dale boys (young ones) were all born there.

I have room for a few people at my house when the big day arrives.

Cheers, Mark Dale

A Changing Woman said...

Hi Marianna & Adam

According to Marianna's Tante Lia's abilities in Chinese something or other (has to do with numbers) if your baby is born in January, you will have a boy but it will be a baby girl if born in February.

I love the names Henry and Portia.

Love,
Mom/Ingrid

samiwankenobi said...

So I know most people are saying boy, but I have a feeling it's going to be a girl. I can just see, 16 years down the road, Adam sitting on the front porch with a shotgun when Portia leaves for her first date. Yup. I'm thinkin'a round little baby girl!

Christina said...

Hi Marianna and Adam....

I'm guessing "boy" but really don't have a clue...what I DO KNOW is, boy or girl, this baby will be blessed with some wonderful parents. All three of you are in my prayers. :)

A Changing Woman said...

Hi Adam & Marianna

When I was a young woman it never occurred to me how important names are in people’s lives.

We’ve all heard the strange ones… Apple, Moonshine, Moonchild, Love. I wonder what it’s like to be hung with such a name for the rest of your life.


Marianna, in trying to come up with a name for you, your Dad and I thought of all kinds of names. Mostly it was left up to me. You were almost named Manya (after a very dear old friend) or Emily. I know there were other names, but those are the names I remembered.


If we had a boy we wanted to name him Matthew.


I like good old fashioned solid names for boys.

Love,
Mom/Ingrid

A Changing Woman said...

Marianna was named after four female relatives

Marianna’s paternal grandmother was named Marian; my mother’s name is Anna, and my maternal grandmother’s name was Marianni.

So when I thought of naming Marianna I thought it would be so cool to name her after her two grandmothers and her great grandmother and that is how I came up with the name Marianna.


Marianna’s middle name Bertina is my most favorite, fun, charismatic and outgoing aunt Bertina’s name. Her nick name is Bertie, but her full name is Bertina von Stockhausen.

Ingrid